Monday, April 2, 2012

The "I didn't forget about this blog" haul

Hello there friends! 

It's been nearly a month since I've updated, but fret not, I haven't forgotten about my little blog. Life has kept me busy, so I haven't had much time to update. My bad. I told y'all I sucked at blogging. Buuuuuut, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to write about on here. I had originally planned on doing a post about my daily make-up routine; I had the pictures taken and everything, but they're a bit outdated now so I'll save that post for another time. 

Today, I went on a bit of a shopping spree. I was meeting up with some friends for lunch so I decided to run some errands beforehand. Might as well be productive, right? Hmmm.. I had to return a few things, and somehow I ended up with all of these things. Whoops. The good news is, now I have something new and exciting to blog about! Moahaaa. Yay for hauls! 

My overall haul. Please excuse the pile of books and papers on the right. I need to organize my life better.. 

Sephora: This week, VIBs and BIs get 15% off their purchases until Friday, April 6. I'm not sure about BIs, but VIBs can use their coupon as many times as they want. Booyah! I actually made these purchases at two different Sephoras (because I'm crazy like that). I bought the Illamasqua cream blush in Rude and Jack Black lip balm in Lemon & Chamomile in the morning, and the Clarisonic replacement head in the afternoon. I'm excited to try to the Illamasqua blush; I've heard a lot of great things about it so I hope it works out for my skin. Review coming soon!!

Origins: I had originally gotten their Clean Energy gentle cleansing oil, but it clogged up my pores so I had to return it. I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work out. It did leave my face feeling very clean and soft though, so maybe it'll work out for someone else whose skin is not as sensitive as mine. If you're looking for a nice cleansing oil, I'd recommend this one! It smells lovely too :)

Rite Aid: Rite Aid is having a month long promotion on Maybelline, Garnier (hair and skin care products), and HerbaShine hair colors. It's BOGO1/2 off so I thought it would be the perfect time for me to try out Garnier's BB Cream I've been reading so much about. Will definitely post a review once I get a chance to try it out. Has anyone tried it out yet? What are your thoughts about it? Leave me a comment :) 

LUSH: This is my very first purchase from LUSH. I've been looking for something to help with the sad condition of my hair. I have very fine, oily hair and there's not much of it. It's also very flat. Soooo, I walked in with the intent of getting on of their shampoo bars I've heard so much about. That's the blue bar sitting in the little tin in my picture: the Seanik shampoo bar. Clearly, my plan of buying only one thing did not work out the way I planned since there are so many other items in the picture.. I was worried my hair would get too dried out by the sea salt in the shampoo bar, so the SA at LUSH recommended the Veganese conditioner so I just went for it.

Then she gave me this mini hand treatment and it left my hands feeling sooo soft. Aaaaand since I am so easily swayed by lovely beauty products, I decided to bite the bullet and get the Buffy body butter (it was one of the products the SA used on my hands). When the SA said that it can be used on wet skin in the shower, I was sold! I really hate applying lotion on my skin after I shower, so Buffy seemed like the perfect solution. I don't like the way lotions leave a oily, sticky feeling (even the ones that claim they don't!!) on my skin afterward. And the two black jars are samples of their Big shampoo and Flying Fox shower gel. Let's see how all of these goodies work out!

All righty, that's everything! Let me know if you've ever tried any of the products above and your thoughts about them. I would love to hear other people's opinions :)

Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment