Sunday, March 4, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows

It seems like Sundays are my favorite day to post... it's the calm before the storm.

Today, I'll be jumping on the L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow bandwagon! Have you heard or tried them yet? If not, well keep on reading, and maybe at the end of this post, you'll want to go out and try it for yourself! A lot of people say that these eye shadows are a dupe of Armani's Eyes to Kill. Unfortunately, I don't own any Eyes to Kill so I can't give you any comparisons of the two, but I can give you my input on the more inexpensive of the two. 

I currently have four: golden sage, bronzed taupe, amber rush and iced latte. My favorite is bronzed taupe. Granted, it is the first one I purchased out of the four so I've been using it the longest, but I really love the color. I find myself reaching for bronzed taupe every single morning. Yeah, I'm pretty boring when it comes to eye makeup, especially lately. I'm always in a rush in the mornings, so a quick swipe of bronzed taupe is all the time I can afford. 

This post will be a picture heavy one because I wanted to be thorough for y'all, haha. I forgot to take a picture of the other side of the eye shadows though.. whoops.

All four of my eye shadows. 

Golden Sage, you're up first! 

Every eye shadow comes with this "Do Not Discard" cover over the eye shadow. The color is a lovely sage with golden specks. I suppose you can say that the title of this shadow does a good job describing the color. I'm terrible at describing colors, to be honest, so bear with me. I've only used this once, paired with iced latte. It's a lovely color and blends easily. One of the things I love about these shadows is how smooth and creamy it looks after application. It last about 8 hours on my oily lids, even with a primer underneath. I don't know if it's the shadow or my eye lids were being weird that day. Either way, it's not 24 hours like the advertising claims, but it lasts a decent amount of time. 


Bronzed Taupe, my favorite. 

Under the natural lighting, bronzed taupe looked reddish rather than brownish taupe, so I had to take another picture to get the true color of the shadow. The second picture is not ideal, but it's better than the first you. If you scroll down, the swatch of it on my hand will give you a better idea of what the color looks like. With that said, I love this color. It looks great on my lids; just a touch of smoky taupe with a specks of bronze and gold. It's a great every day shade that is work appropriate. It also blends wonderfully. I use this with my NARS Lhasa and the two colors really complement each other. Love love love! 

I can't say too much about Amber Rush because I've only used it once, and I don't know how I feel about it. The color is a coppery red with a hint of gold. It clumps together when I try to pack on the color. Aaaaaand, it's a little too red for me. I still prefer bronzed taupe. 

Last but not least, Iced Latte! I'm not too sure how I should describe iced latte. It's an off-white pearly color (does that even make sense?). The color reminds me of coffee with a large splash of Coffee-Mate creamer. A lot of creamer. I like how it give my eyes a bit of brightness when I use it. The color blends well and lasts a decent amount of time with primer underneath. I usually pat this color all over my lids as a base or on the center of my eye lids to help highlight. 

Swatch time!
Under natural lighting. Left to right: Ice Latte, Amber Rush, Golden Sage, Bronzed Taupe
Under fluorescent lighting. Left to right: Iced Latte, Amber Rush, Golden Sage, Bronzed Taupe

So, what did you think? Would you buy it? 

If you're on the fence about it, I would definitely recommend trying at least one of them. They're really affordable, you can find them at all major drugstores (Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, Duane Reade... for all you NYers) and Target. Aaaaaaaand, if you check out Nouveau Cheap (one of my favorite beauty blogs), she'll let you know when those places are having sales on L'Oreal products and then you can save some more money! I love it!

Have a lovely week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment