Sunday, April 15, 2012

How RUDE! Illamasqua Cream Blush in Rude

Hello everyone! How was your week? 

This week went by pretty quickly for me but currently, I am trying to survive this sudden attack of allergies. Gahhhhh, it's been bad these past few days, but it just hit me like a BRICK today. Probably because the weather was nice, so all the pollen just lingered in the air. My allergies just kept getting worse and worse as the day wore on. I nearly clawed my eyes out because they itched so bad. My boyfriend had to hold my hands down so I wouldn't destroy my poor eyes. I took some Claritin when I got home though, and I am feeling much better now. Thank goodness for medicine!

It looks like I'll be rockin' my glasses for now since my allergies are so severe. Nerd alert! ;)

So, on to real reason why I'm writing this entry...

I picked up this Illamasqua cream blusher from Sephora a few weeks ago, and I am loving it so far.
The shade I purchased is called Rude (the name reminds me of Stephanie Tanner's famous line, "HOW RUDE!" I loved Full House when I was growing up) and it's a warm, coral color. I wasn't too sure about it at first because the color is a bit out of my comfort zone. It looks a little intimidating in the pan because of its bright color (at least, it made me feel intimidated), but the color is much more low key once you blend it out. If you're wondering, I use my fingers to blend out the color. I'm usually in a rush in the morning, and I feel like cream blushers are easier when you use your fingers. I haven't had any problems with it so far. Just remember to make sure your hands are clean.

The color is lovely on my cheeks; it gives me a natural flush. I love that natural flushed look! The pigmentation is great, and lasting power is excellent. It lasts all day when I wear it over powder, and my days are pretty long! It gets me through a 12 hour (or longer) day. Not bad, eh?

If you're interested in trying out a cream blusher, I'd recommend this one! It'll cost you $24 at Sephora, excluding tax. And if you live somewhere that doesn't charge tax, then lucky you! Illamasqua offers 9 shades of their cream blusher at Sephora, but not all stores carry the 9 shades. Some of the blushers might only be available online. I'm not too sure. The Sephora I purchased mine from only had 4 colors. Check out Sephora's site for a list of the available blushers. I want to try Seduce, Laid and Betray next. Hahaha, these names crack me up. Especially in the order which I listed the ones I want to try. First, I seduce, then I get laid and finally, I betray (or get betrayed?)! Haha, ahem. It's late, and I'm tired... so please excuse my somewhat inappropriate comment. I'm silly.

Anyhoo, I swatched Betray when I was in the store, and it's a beautiful rosy plum color that would be great for the cooler seasons.

Beautiful coral color! Isn't it lovely? I think it's perfect for spring and summer. It's so cheerful. I looooooove it. It's so easy to use and I don't have to use a lot to get some color on my face. I'm obsessed with blushes. I pretty much don't leave my house without some color on my cheeks. I feel like it makes me look alive. It's true. I'm kind of pasty and pale with just foundation and powder on... blush gives some life to my face. 

I always want to buy new blushes, but I'm generally pretty good about resisting those urges. I feel guilty buying more of something when I can't even manage to finish up one blush. I don't think I've ever hit the pan on ANYTHING! That's my goal this year... to hit the pan on something in my makeup collection. Anything. ANYTHING. You know, when I think about it, my blush collection is pretty small compared to some other beauty bloggers. Maybe I'll post a picture of it one day. I have a lot of sample blushes too, but I hardly ever use those (read: never). They're all those "Free Gift with Purchase" Clinique eye shadow and blush palettes. Almost all the makeup bags I have at home are from Clinique. They know how to get me, with their free gifts and whatnot. 

Swatched heavily.

Blended out. My hand looks like it's blushing! 

Have any of you tried Illamasqua's cream blushers? If so, what did you think? 
What are some of your favorite cream blushers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment