Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Update: Spring Edition

The weekend always comes and goes so fast...

I love seeing the flowers and trees in full bloom in New York. It brings so much color and vibrancy to the city streets. But spring time also means allergy season for many people, myself included. It's one thing I do not look forward to. Itchy, watery eyes, constant sneezing, itchy throat, red nose... it's not an attractive sight. My allergies have gotten better over the years though; I think it's partly because of this herbal supplement my parents made me take last year. It helped some. I haven't taken any this year (yet) because my allergies have not acted up, but we'll see how the rest of this month goes. Gah, I really hate allergies! It makes me feel awful all the time. 

Anyhoo, enough about that.. I'll deal with it when it happens. I just want to share some pictures and tidbits from my life. But don't worry, I have some beauty posts lined up! Here's a quick look at my weekend. 

From the top left corner, clockwise: 1) Spotted in Chinatown! No Parking signs lining Division Street in preparation for filming on Monday. Does anyone watch Blue Bloods? Is it any good? I wish I had more time to watch television! 2) Pretty trees in Chinatown. I snapped this while waiting for my boyfriend. 3) Late lunch with my best friend. I love Venezuelan food! So delish. 4) Flowers, flowers, everywhere! 

My best friend also bought me a cupcake as a belated birthday present. This is the "Vivienne Westwood" cupcake. Isn't it cute? It came in a purple Chinese takeout container. The frosting was a red wine buttercream, with blackberry drizzle. The cupcake itself was just okay. It is pretty to look at though.

Happy [belated] Easter to those that celebrate! I went to church in the morning, and then spent a low-key afternoon with my boyfriend. 

Hope you enjoyed the photos! I used to take pictures allllllllll the time because I carried my camera with me everywhere, but I've gotten really lazy about it over the years. I use my phone as my camera nowadays. It's so handy and there are so many cute photo apps I can choose from. I really need to remember to take more pictures of my everyday life though. I love looking back on old pictures... and in order to do that, I need to take more pictures! 

How did you spend your long weekend? I'd love to hear about it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment