Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My most recent haul... and why I'm on a beauty ban!

Hello everybody! 

I'm done with classes (yay!) so now I have a bit more free time on my hands, which means more time for posts! I only have a 2 week break between the end of my semester and the start of summer classes, so I'm hoping to make the most of my time! It feels so nice to be done with this semester :)

So first off, I want to talk about my most recent beauty haul. I walked into Sephora with the intention of killing some time before meeting up with my friends. And instead, I walked out all of these things (excluding the Revlon lip butters). Whoops.. I just can't resist beauty products! 

Tarte Gel Liner in Brown I've been wanting to switch up my eye liner routine so I decided to try Tarte's gel liner in brown. I swatched it in the store and really liked the color. It didn't budge at all when I tried to rub it off with a tissue, which convinced me of its staying power. I ended up returning this though because it did not sit well on my oily lids, even with primer :( I'll write a longer post about it in a few days. If you don't see it, feel free to give me a holler to remind me.

Laura Mercier SPF 15 Mineral Powder in Tender Rose - Ever since I heard Estee of Essie Button rave about Laura Mercier's mineral powder, it's been on my list of things to buy. So, of course, when I was presented with the opportunity to get it, I took it (the opportunity. Not the LM powder.. that would be stealing. Hah). And I have no regrets. I've been loving it so far! No break outs so far, which is always a good sign. And my skin looks fabulous.

Benefit Boi-ing concealer in #2 -The Benefit Boi-ing concealer has been working really well for me. It covers up all my dark spots and gives me a fresh, polished look. Love!

Benefit Triple Performing Facial Emulsion - All right, this one was an impulse buy. There was a Benefit event going on at the Sephora I went to and I got roped in by one of the SAs to buy this moisturizer. I also kind of wanted the mini travel version of it, so I decided to give it a chance. It did smell nice when she put it on me. Well, it was a whole different story when I got home. Maybe it was the bright lights, and the loud music that disabled my sense of smell because when I put it on the next day, the smell gave me a headache. One of those dull headaches that last all day. It sucked. The thing is, it's not a horrible smell. Some people might actually like it. It just wasn't for me. I can say this with confidence because I used it again the next day, thinking maybe I'd change my mind. Nope. I just don't like it. Needless to say, I returned this. I do still have the travel size one though. 

Jack Black Lip Balm in Lemon & Chamomile - I looooove their lip balms. Moisturizing and smells amazing. I bought this one as a back up to my current one.

Revlon Lip Butters in Candy Apple and Peach Parfait - I don't know what it is about these Revlon lip butters. They're like Pokemon to me, I just wanna catch 'em all! I have been on the hunt for these two shades for the longest time. Every time I go to the drug store, they're always sold out! So when I saw that Target was doing a sale on the lip butters AND offering free shipping on them regardless of how much you spend, I went for it. I am planning on doing a post (or two) on my Revlon lip butters, so be on the look out for those. I love Candy Apple so far, and I'm actually a bit "ehhh" on Peach Parfait. Gasp. 

I got this Ole Henriksen flawless beauty regime as my 500 point Sephora gift. Have any of you ever used Ole Henriksen products? I've never tried Ole Henriksen's skincare products (do toners count?), so I was curious to see how well it would work for me. I've been looking something to bring some brightness and evenness to my skin. I can't seem to get rid of the spots on my face, and it's driving me nuts. I've been trying different serums and treatments, but nothing's worked so far. Maybe this will do something to all those darned spots. I'll keep y'all updated! 

I've been kind of obsessed with nail polishes lately. I picked up these two Essie polishes at a local beauty store because it's cheaper than buying from a drug store. Armed & Ready is a dark, brownish grey color with a coppery, gold shimmer. Absolutely Shore is a light, sea foam green shade. I've only tried Armed & Ready at this point, so I can't say much about Absolutely Shore. I like Armed & Ready though. I love the coppery shimmer; it really adds a little somethin' special to the color. 

Beauty Ban
I've been spending a lot of money on beauty products lately, so I decided to put myself on a month long beauty ban. It started on April 29, and will be going until June 1st. I'm really hoping to finish some of my older products sitting at home so that I won't feel so guilty next time I want to buy something new.

I did kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind of break my ban the other day though. I bought nail hardener... and nail polish (OPI Are We There Yet?). I'm terrible. It's actually pretty hard, especially when I read all these awesome beauty posts about soooooo many things I want to try.

Have you ever put yourself on a beauty ban because you realized you were spending too much money? How did you get through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment